Mentoring for Professional Bridging
“Mentoring for Professional Bridging” is a mentoring program for supporting students and prospective students of vocational education for a study of vocational education and training with focus on industrial-, management- and engineering education.
Federal Ministry of Education and Research
01.04.2012 - 21.10.2014
IBP Staff Members involved in the project:
Description of the project:
The institute for vocational education and training of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology has set itself the goal to close the gap of qualification offers between vocational and academic education. Therefore, in cooperation with industry- and educational partners, a mentoring program will be developed and implemented whereby prospective students and students should be introduced to a graduation at the KIT.
The objective is the development and implementation of a mentoring program including corresponding credit procedures, which make the acquisition of an academic title with the associated know-how in terms of a lifelong learning amenable barrier-free for prospective students and students.
- Professional qualified with or without eligibility of university admission.
- Persons with family duties.
- Extra occupational students.
- Profession returnee.
- Professionally experienced university dropout.
- Examined educators for education and further education.
- Vocational education educators for education and further education (IHK).
The mentoring program is to be elaborated as a consistent, comprehensive and individual education program consulting and relates in focus to following phases of the study process:
- In the initial phase, a differential diagnose takes place of both certified and non-formally resp. informal acquired capability of the prospective students through a web-based portfolio analysis and through personal counseling interviews in which competencies will be diagnosed and credit procedures implemented (based on the existing ANKOM-results).
- In the study phase, the mentoring should render assistance in the selection of the study process and the consulting in terms of the working-, living- and family situation.
- The focus in the transfer phase is the support by the comeback in the vocation resp. professional reorientation after final degree. This can happen through an intensification and expansion of the network contacts to graduates and extramural cooperation partners (Alumni-Network).
- Development of information- and consulting concepts based on target group specific materials.
- Development of university course oriented credit – and admission procedures for professional qualified persons.
- Development of bridging courses resp. mediation to other consulting- and educational institutions at the KIT.
Courses of studies:
- Education / vocational education B.A. and M.A. (KIT)
- Engineering education B.A. and M.A. (KIT)
- Extra occupational further educational course of study industrial education (LKS Landau)
- Social-, Healthcare- and Education-Management, focus: industrial education (LKS Landau)